Thursday, June 26, 2014

Why remake a Classic?

Ralph Macchio as Daniel LaRusso in 1984's
''Karate Kid''
Some movies of recent times, are acceptable, but others are pathetic. OR they seem to not want to try anything new, and go back to the 80's and REMAKE a classic, i.e the NEWEST ''Karate Kid'' with Jaden Smith. Now I am not a racist, but this original was about an italian kid, from New Jersey, named Daniel LaRusso. In the new one it's a black kid, and it's not even Karate, its Kung-Fu... confused? I am too. When the remake was released Aly Morita, Pat Morita's daughter, called to boycott the film saying: “I'm asking for them not to pay to see it in a movie theater, wait for the DVD or Netflix,” she said on her Facebook boycott page. “Be conscious of where the money is going.” I agree with her. I am angered that they remaking the sequel, and I hope Ralph Macchio doesn't take it this time. To me, and to everyone else, he is Daniel LaRusso, and forever will be. 

If they ever remake ''Back to the Future'' (or try), I'm protesting. No one else could even come close to the Marty McFly that Michael J. Fox portrayed...

No comments:

Post a Comment